Thank you for your interest in The Art of Teaching. Registration for this event is now closed.
Tuition for participating instructors is $3,000.
You will receive:
- Dressage 101 textbook
- An Art of Teaching Notebook
- Lunches for 4 days
- You may bring 1 silent auditor as your guest for free
- Access to ALL of the training sessions online for continued study
- 4 Group Coaching calls. If you can’t attend the calls live, you can email your questions ahead of time and listen to the replay at your convenience
- 1 Private 1 on 1 coaching call with me
- USDF University Accredited (#102098), 4 University credits*
- Upon successful completion of testing, you will become a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor. You may use this title in your advertising
- As a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor, your name will also be listed on this website so people can find you to book you for lessons and clinics
You do not have to bring a horse, and you won’t be asked to teach at the event. You’ll be observing demonstration horses and riders. As a Participating Instructor, you’ll be able to ask questions about anything that needs clarification.
Note: Dressage Mentor members receive 10% off their tuition. Your $300 discount will be applied to your final payment if you use the appropriate coupon code that was emailed to you. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on how to join Dressage Mentor, go to www.dressagementor.com
Space will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the course is filled, you’ll be placed on a waiting list.
To find out if there are spots still available, please email email@example.com. If there is still room, we’ll email you a link where you may pay for your spot. Someone will respond back to you within 1-2 business days of submitting an email.
There are no refunds after the closing date of September 15.
If after September 15 you find you can’t attend, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll try to find someone on the waiting list to fill your spot.
**Please DO NOT book a flight until you’ve been notified of your acceptance into the program.
To apply for a spot as a Participating Instructor, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Agree to the code of conduct below.
- Submit a short paragraph describing the levels you’ve taught as well as where you’ve taught over the last 3 years.
- Send in a 10-minute riding video. Show yourself riding in both directions at walk, trot, and canter. Send the video through a free service called www.yousendit.com or post it on Youtube and send the file or link to email@example.com.
1. Written (open book) exam. The exam is to confirm that you’re thoroughly familiar with the material.
2. Send in three 30-minute videos of yourself teaching.
- To be certified at Level 1, the videos should be of you teaching at Training and First Level.
- To be certified at Level 2, the videos should be of you teaching at Second Level.
- To be certified at Level 3, the videos should be of you teaching at Third Level.
- To be certified at Level 4, the videos should be of you teaching at Fourth Level.
- To be certified at Level 5, the videos should be of you teaching at FEI Levels.
3. Essay: Submit 2 written case histories of students you have helped.
Upon successful completion of testing, new instructors:
- Receive a certificate stating that you are a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor
- Will have their contact information listed on this website as a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor so people can find you to book lessons and clinics.
- May advertise that you’re a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor and that you use Jane Savoie’s techniques.
TO MAINTAIN CERTIFIED STATUS
To maintain your standing as a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor, each year you must:
- Resubmit 1 video of yourself teaching.
- Pay annual dues of $25.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Each candidate for Jane Savoie certification must agree to the following:
- I will promote safe and ethical behavior for myself, my students, and their horses.
- I will be professional in appearance, conduct, and demeanor. I will conduct myself honestly and with integrity.
- I understand that if I become a Jane Savoie Certified Instructor, I must pay annual dues of $25.
- I understand that I am required to submit one teaching video each year to maintain my certification. (An extension may be granted upon request.)
- I understand that I can have my Level of Certfication upgraded by submitting 3 new videos teaching at the level I want to be certified ($50 fee)
- I understand and agree that Jane Savoie reserves the right to refuse and/or deny initial certification for any reason she deems proper.
- I understand and agree that Jane Savoie reserves the right to revoke certification, at any time, for any reason she deems proper.
- All tests are confidential and are the property of Jane Savoie.
- If certification is refused, I understand that I can ask to be retested at any time at no charge.
- I understand and agree that it is solely and completely the responsibility of the candidate for Jane Savoie certification to clearly demonstrate his/her ability to qualify for the level and specialty applied for.
*USDF accredited this program for its educational content. USDF is not responsible for the date, location, organization, or presentation of this program or for any other circumstances relevant to this program. The organization of this program is the sole responsibility of the organizer of the program.